The Best Skincare Routine For Your 30’s
It’s official, you are in your 30’s and your skin might be starting to show your age… ugh.
Your 30’s are when we start to see signs of environmental and genetic aging: That means fine lines, uneven pigment, and maybe some volume loss, caused by the gradual diminishment of supportive tissue (fat and bone) in the face. Don’t let this stress you out, just keep reading to learn ways to up your skincare routine for your 30’s to achieve the best results and keep your skin looking youthful for many years to come.
Women often say they feel that their 30’s are the best years yet. This sense of empowerment coupled with the right skincare regimen will ensure you feel comfortable in your own best beautiful skin. Follow these steps for a guide to the perfect skincare routine for your 30’s.
- Light cleanse.
- What about Hyaluronic Acid?
- Moisturize and protect.
- Cleansing & Exfoliating.
- Night Cream.
- Eye cream.
In your 30’s you’ll start to notice some common skin issues you may not have noticed before. The key is to know how to treat these issues when they arise to keep your youthful skin looking fresh for years to come. Here are some common issues and how to treat them in your 30’s.
Hydration is the key to well-kept skin in your 30s. Dry skin is the result of sebum (or oil) production slowing down. Look for moisturizers that contain glycerin that absorb moisture from the air to help hydrate your skin. Depending on the time of the year it is beneficial to switch to a heavier or a lighter moisturizer to keep your skin properly hydrated.
The First Signs of Aging
You may start to notice the dreaded early signs of aging in your 30’s. Fine lines, hyperpigmentation, larger pores, and duller-looking skin are the usual suspects. This is the prime time for preventive skincare.
MintPear’s Collagen Serum is a fantastic addition to your skincare routine, even before your 30’s. Collagen is one of those rare things that really can help you age backward. The body produces less and less collagen with age. In fact, after the age of 20, a person produces about 1 percent less collagen in the skin each year. Environmental free radicals can weaken collagen proteins making the skin thinner and more fragile with age.
Increasing the levels of collagen in the skin results in numerous benefits, such as reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, firming skin, and promoting a more plump complexion. If you’ve ever purchased an anti-aging skincare product, then you’ve probably heard of Collagen. All those pricey anti-aging treatments at your dermatologist’s office, like lasers and ultrasounds, work by stimulating collagen. It makes up nearly 80 percent of your skin, found in the middle layer called the dermis. Collagen works together with another protein called elastin to strengthen the skin and help it snap back into place when stretched. MintPear’s Best-Selling Collagen Serum will inject the youth back into your skin with just one simple step!
It is a cruel fact of life, but even in your 30s, the occasional pimple you thought you left behind in your teens may pop up. Changes in hormones increased stress levels or genetic predisposition may be the culprits.
Like most things in life, acne is not always completely in one’s control. There are, however, some key tips we offer to help prevent breakouts:
- Never go to bed with makeup on.
- Check labels: when purchasing cosmetic and skincare products, always look for the terms “non-comedogenic,” “oil-free,” or “won’t clog pores.” Organic products that are free of synthetic fragrances and dyes will also be beneficial to keeping your skin clear.
- Wear sunscreen with SPF 30+ daily, rain or shine, to prevent the darkening of these spots.
Looking for more information? Visit our step-by-step guide to clearing up Adult Acne.
4 Tips to Take Care of Your Skin in Your 30’s
- Cleanse Morning and Night. Wash your face with a cleanser to remove make-up and dirt.
- Moisturize Regularly. Start off the day right by combating dry skin with a moisturizer that contains a broad spectrum SPF15 or higher every morning. Your skin needs protection from the sun to help avoid premature skin aging caused by sun damage. Do not skimp on moisturizing in the evening. Enhance your skin’s natural renewal process with a moisturizer that contains hydrating and anti-aging ingredients, such as Niacinimide and peptides.
- Add Serum. If your skin tends to be dry, add a serum before applying your moisturizer. Serums are generally more concentrated with rich anti-aging ingredients and are more easily absorbed into the skin. Serums should be applied after you wash your face so they can be better absorbed into the skin.
- Treat Your Eyes. The area around your eyes is normally the first to develop fine lines because the skin is much thinner than the skin on the rest of your face. An eye cream with ingredients such as glycerin or Niacinimide (Vitamin B3) will help prevent lines from forming and minimize the look of dark circles and puffiness.
Curious if your makeup routine is making you look older? Check out our 3 Makeup Mistakes.