How Rose Quartz Rollers Help Stimulate Lymphatic Drainage
These facial lymphatic drainage rollers are more than just a pretty beauty tool to add to your countertop. Can a little stone rolling device really transform your skin? Keep reading to find out how this simple tool can stimulate lymphatic drainage and numerous other skincare benefits to improve your skin’s overall appearance.
Why Use a Rose Quartz Lymphatic Drainage Facial Roller
MintPear’s Rose Quartz Facial Roller is packed full of minerals, including silicium, magnesium, iron, sodium, and oxygen. It has an amazing ability to reduce inflammation and support the renewal of skin cells, plus it heals and rejuvenates.
Rose quartz facial rollers are also good for the heart and circulation, bringing oxygen to the skin which improves tone, luster, and glow. Rose Quartz is known to have healing properties such as restoring trust and harmony in relationships and encouraging unconditional love. It purifies and opens the heart at all levels to promote love, self-love, friendship, deep inner healing, and feelings of peace. Calming and reassuring, it helps to comfort in times of grief.
Using Rose Quartz as a facial roller is known to remove toxins from the skin, smooth fine lines, decrease dark circles and under-eye bags, ease tension headaches, calm inflammation, heal breakouts, brighten skin, and create an overall feeling of “zen.”
Lymphatic Drainage + Facial Rolling
By gently rolling in a downward motion, facial rolling can be detoxifying and promote lymphatic drainage. This is detoxifying and stimulates the skin to penetrate skincare products deeper into the skin. Lymphatic drainage massages have been known to benefit people with lymphedema, fibromyalgia, and other conditions.
Benefits Of Lymphatic Drainage Facial Rolling:
- Calms inflammation
- Reduces puffiness in the face, especially the under-eye area
- Stimulates detoxification
- Stimulates lymphatic drainage
- Promotes product penetration
How to Face Roll for Lymphatic Drainage
- Step 1: Start at the base of your neck. Gently roll in a downward motion from ear to the clavicle. Repeat 3x then move to the next section, working across your neck from the ear to the centerline.
- Step 2: Move to the center of your chin. Roll out from the center towards the hairline. At the end of your third pass toward the hairline, drain the lymph by rolling down the side of the face toward the clavicle once. Continue this pattern, rolling horizontally across the face 3x then draining once down perpendicular to your previous movement, as you work your way up the face.
- Step 3: At the under the eye, use the small end of the roller. Roll 3x from the nose toward the end of the brow. On the last roll, finish by drawing down the side of the face to the clavicle. Repeat these movements just under the eyebrow.
- Step 4: Lastly, gently roll from the center of the forehead toward the side of the face 3x, draining down to the clavicle on the last pass. Repeat this moving up the forehead.
- Step 5: To finish, repeat your last draining movement 2-3x more. Repeat on the other side.
Note: You’ll notice a constant need to swallow. This is very normal during lymphatic drainage and a good indicator you’re doing it correctly.
Why Lymphatic Drainage Rolling Works
This method of lymphatic drainage facial rolling stimulates circulation and oxygenates the skin. Applying medium pressure ensures a deep facial massage that stimulates the circulatory system and, when used in the right direction, pushes the lymph (or the liquid in your body’s tissues) to the lymph nodes.
The nodes are where white blood cells destroy any bacteria picked up by the lymph as it circulates the body. When a node gets backed up with bacteria, it swells; this is why many diseases and infections are marked by swollen lymph nodes.
You can help your body push bacteria and toxins to these areas rich in white blood cells by regularly massaging your face and body, drinking plenty of water, getting lots of exercise, and eating plenty of whole plant foods.
- These stones tend to stay cool on the skin even after vigorous use. However to intensify this sensation, pop your roller in the freezer for 20 mins before using it.
- The cool stone will help to calm the skin during your lymphatic drainage and will feel especially lovely on puffy eyes.
*Use your gemstone roller over a hydrating face mask or hydrating face serum to intensify your treatment and promote deep hydration.