How Rose Quartz Rollers Help Stimulate Lymphatic Drainage
These facial lymphatic drainage rollers are more than just a pretty beauty tool to add to your countertop. Can a little stone rolling device really transform your skin? Keep reading to find out how this simple tool can stimulate lymphatic drainage and numerous other skincare benefits to improve your skin’s overall appearance.
What is Lymphatic Drainage?
Before we dive into how rose quartz rollers work, let’s first understand what lymphatic drainage is. The lymphatic system is a network of vessels and nodes that runs throughout the body. Its primary function is to help remove waste and toxins from the body. The lymphatic system works closely with the immune system to help fight off infections and diseases.
Lymphatic drainage is the process of moving lymph fluid through the body. This can be done through massage, exercise, or even breathing techniques. When the lymphatic system is working properly, it helps to remove excess fluid and waste from the body, leading to improved overall health.
Why Use a Rose Quartz Lymphatic Drainage Facial Roller
MintPear’s Rose Quartz Facial Roller is packed full of minerals, including silicium, magnesium, iron, sodium, and oxygen. It has an amazing ability to reduce inflammation and support the renewal of skin cells, plus it heals and rejuvenates.
Rose quartz facial rollers are also good for the heart and circulation, bringing oxygen to the skin which improves tone, luster, and glow. Rose Quartz is known to have healing properties such as restoring trust and harmony in relationships and encouraging unconditional love. It purifies and opens the heart at all levels to promote love, self-love, friendship, deep inner healing, and feelings of peace. Calming and reassuring, it helps to comfort in times of grief.
Using Rose Quartz as a facial roller is known to remove toxins from the skin, smooth fine lines, decrease dark circles and under-eye bags, ease tension headaches, calm inflammation, heal breakouts, brighten skin, and create an overall feeling of “zen.”
Lymphatic Drainage + Facial Rolling
By gently rolling in a downward motion, facial rolling can be detoxifying and promote lymphatic drainage. This is detoxifying and stimulates the skin to penetrate skincare products deeper into the skin. Lymphatic drainage massages have been known to benefit people with lymphedema, fibromyalgia, and other conditions.
Benefits Of Lymphatic Drainage Facial Rolling:
- Calms inflammation: Provides a relaxing and spa-like experience: Using a rose quartz roller can be a relaxing and soothing experience. The coolness of the crystal on the skin can help to calm the senses and promote relaxation.
- Reduces puffiness in the face, especially the under-eye area: The rolling motion of the rose quartz roller can help to reduce puffiness and inflammation in the skin. This is particularly beneficial for those who struggle with under-eye bags or swollen skin.
- Stimulates detoxification
- Stimulates lymphatic drainage
- Promotes product penetration
- Improves circulation: By promoting circulation in the skin, rose quartz rollers can help to deliver nutrients and oxygen to the skin cells. This can lead to a more radiant complexion and improved overall skin health.
- Enhances product absorption: When used in conjunction with a serum or moisturizer, rose quartz rollers can help to improve the absorption of the product. The rolling motion helps to work the product into the skin, allowing it to penetrate more deeply and provide maximum benefits.
How to Face Roll for Lymphatic Drainage
- Step 1: Start at the base of your neck. Gently roll in a downward motion from ear to the clavicle. Repeat 3x then move to the next section, working across your neck from the ear to the centerline.
- Step 2: Move to the center of your chin. Roll out from the center towards the hairline. At the end of your third pass toward the hairline, drain the lymph by rolling down the side of the face toward the clavicle once. Continue this pattern, rolling horizontally across the face 3x then draining once down perpendicular to your previous movement, as you work your way up the face.
- Step 3: At the under the eye, use the small end of the roller. Roll 3x from the nose toward the end of the brow. On the last roll, finish by drawing down the side of the face to the clavicle. Repeat these movements just under the eyebrow.
- Step 4: Lastly, gently roll from the center of the forehead toward the side of the face 3x, draining down to the clavicle on the last pass. Repeat this moving up the forehead.
I made you a special video to walk you through how to use the MintPear rose quartz Roller on your face. In this video I explain the benefits and the best practices of using the rose quartz roller. I also share with you what skincare treatments work best with the rose quartz roller. I hope you enjoy the video.
- Step 5: To finish, repeat your last draining movement 2-3x more. Repeat on the other side.
Note: You’ll notice a constant need to swallow. This is very normal during lymphatic drainage and a good indicator you’re doing it correctly.
Why Lymphatic Drainage Rolling Works
This method of lymphatic drainage facial rolling stimulates circulation and oxygenates the skin. Applying medium pressure ensures a deep facial massage that stimulates the circulatory system and, when used in the right direction, pushes the lymph (or the liquid in your body’s tissues) to the lymph nodes.
The nodes are where white blood cells destroy any bacteria picked up by the lymph as it circulates the body. When a node gets backed up with bacteria, it swells; this is why many diseases and infections are marked by swollen lymph nodes.
You can help your body push bacteria and toxins to these areas rich in white blood cells by regularly massaging your face and body, drinking plenty of water, getting lots of exercise, and eating plenty of whole plant foods.
How Do Rose Quartz Rollers Stimulate Lymphatic Drainage?
Rose quartz rollers are handheld tools that are made from rose quartz, a type of crystal that is believed to have healing properties. The rollers typically have two parts, a larger roller for the face and a smaller roller for the eye area.
When the rose quartz roller is used on the skin, it helps to stimulate the lymphatic system. The rolling motion of the tool helps to promote circulation and improve blood flow, which can help to reduce inflammation and puffiness in the skin. As the lymphatic system is stimulated, it begins to move excess fluid and waste out of the body, leading to improved skin health.
- These stones tend to stay cool on the skin even after vigorous use. However to intensify this sensation, pop your roller in the freezer for 20 mins before using it.
- The cool stone will help to calm the skin during your lymphatic drainage and will feel especially lovely on puffy eyes.
*Use your gemstone roller over a hydrating face mask or hydrating face serum to intensify your treatment and promote deep hydration.